Whenever one visits Gardens by the Bay, they wonder what’s there to devour. Majestic Bay located at Gardens by the Bay is one to keep a lookout for. It promises a great view, fresh seafood, and a menu filled with familiar-sounding dishes, most of which come with a twist.
The design of the restaurant seeks to make the most of the impressive waterfront view of Marina Bay, taking on nautical references in its design. The setting is reminiscent of a ship deck, with its modern palette of relaxing neutral tones, light oak floors, and a feature wall of round mirror portholes. The corporate color of the aquamarine further accentuates the water theme.
Here are some of the must-try dishes by the award-winning Chef Yong Bing Ngen’s first seafood restaurant.
Signature Bay Kopi Crab
This is a meticulously prepared dish that would surely tug on one’s heartstrings. The Sir Lankan Crab was prepared using no less than 3 types of coffee beans. It’s caramelized with Apple Jam and Butter, then infused with Rice Wine; the ‘one-of-a-kind- creation was an absolute genius.
The best part is that it’s presented flambéed, winning us over. The crab was fresh, tasty, and smelt like caramelized popcorn.
However, the crab meat tends to get stuck to the shell, probably more due to the flambé process than any lack of freshness, so come prepared to work for your meal.
Chilli Crab Meat Bun
This pan-fried bun is stuffed with crab meat cooked with non-spicy chili gravy. The skin of the chili crab bun is the right texture, taste, and firmness, yielding a slightly crunchy bite. Just like any other chili crab sold in the market, the filling in this bun is also not spicy.
Stewed Bee Hoon with Boston Lobster
Our personal favorite: we liked how the ridiculously flavourful bee hoon soaked up the goodness of the gravy. We could taste the sweetness from the stewed lobster with every bite. Not forgetting the succulent, juicy lobster chunks in shell present in this dish. Worth every penny!
Steamed Live Prawns with Minced Garlic
The aroma of this dish was utterly mouth-watering. The prawns absorbed the dominating garlic flavor yet were delectably sweet. It was served halved being easier to devour.
Sauteed lettuce stem with black fungus
This dish is also wok-fried with garlic. However, the thing that made this dish so impressive was the freshness and crunchiness of the lettuce stem. It was like a party in our mouth, the crunchy lettuce stem paired with the black fungus gave us a good variety of texture, satisfying our taste bud.
Steamed yellow duckling bun with Nutella and Yam paste
Majestic Bay is known for its innovative desserts, this one in particular. These ducklings are just too adorable to eat. The duckling eyes are made from red bean paste and it’s filled with Yam and Nutella. Isn’t that just an interesting creation? The filling is really smooth and isn’t too sweet even though it’s Nutella & Yam. Strangely Nutella & Yam goes well together.
Marchh can’t bear to not share something so delicious with our fans. Hence, we are giving away 10x Bay’s Signature Kopi Crab worth $68++ each to our fans!
For more info,
watch the video below:
10 lucky winners will walk away with Majestic Bay’s Signature Kopi Crab worth $68++ each.
To participate in this giveaway contest, follow the steps below:
This Giveaway will end on 3rd August (Thursday) at 6 pm. Selected winners will be notified via Facebook and provided with details to redeem the Kopi crab.
Address: 18 Marina Gardens Dr, 01-10, S018953
Nearest MRT: Bayfront
Mon-Sun: 11.30 am to 3 pm, 5.45 pm to 9 pm
Tel: 6604 6604
Majestic Bay Terms and Conditions:
1. Prior reservation is required. Please call Majestic Bay at 6604 6604 and present the original voucher when you arrive at the restaurant.
2. The voucher is valid for the redemption of one signature ‘Kopi Crab’ dish valued at $68++ (approximately 1kg), with a minimum spend of $68 food only in a single receipt in Majestic Bay at Gardens by the Bay.
3. Redemption is available from Monday to Friday for dine-in only. Only one voucher can be redeemed per visit.
4. This voucher is valid until 30 September 2017 and is good for one-time use only. No extension will be entertained.
5. Voucher is not cash redeemable and not replaceable if lost or stolen.
6. Majestic Bay Seafood Restaurant reserves the right to offer a similar dish, or dish of equal value if the stated dish is unavailable.
7. Voucher is not applicable on ever of and on public holidays, CNY seasons, and special occasions. Black-out dates apply.
8. Voucher is not applicable with other promotions, discounts, offers, or vouchers.
9. The management reserves the right to amend the terms & conditions as necessary.
View the full Giveaway terms and conditions for Marchh.com here:
(Updated on 4th August, Friday)
Congratulations to our 10 winners!
The lucky winners for this Giveaway:
- XinYun Peh – https://www.facebook.com/xinyun.peh?fref=ufi&rc=p
2. Gina Tan – https://www.facebook.com/kimiza12?fref=ufi&rc=p
3. Grace Ouyang – https://www.facebook.com/grace.ouyang.31?fref=ufi&rc=p
5. Steve Tien Siang Own – https://www.facebook.com/steve.t.s.own?fref=ufi&rc=p
6. Gena Chew – https://www.facebook.com/gena.chew?fref=ufi&rc=p
8. Ivy Tan – https://www.facebook.com/RikoBabys?fref=ufi&rc=p
9. Yao Xiang Tan – https://www.facebook.com/ryussei?fref=ufi&rc=p
10. Meissie Oun – https://www.facebook.com/meissie.oun?fref=ufi&rc=p